The Assistance to Basic Education: All Children Reading Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity Contract (ABE: ACR IDIQ) is a global funding mechanism that supports U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) missions and bureaus in achieving the goal of improving reading skills among children in primary grades. Under this contract, FHI 360 and its consortium are positioned to support USAID’s work in:
- Increasing early grade reading
- Improving teaching techniques and learning materials
- Conducting regular assessments to measure reading skills
- Maximizing classroom instruction time on basic skills
- Supporting mother-tongue instruction
- Promoting parental and community involvement in developing reading skills and gaining quality education
FHI 360 and the consortium bring different strengths to the ABE: ACR IDIQ contract. FHI 360 offers state-of-the-art global technical expertise with a proven ability to strengthen local capacity at all levels of the education system. The consortium brings a child-centered approach to improving reading through FHI 360’s Literacy 360 approach, which looks across the education system and the community to identify factors that help or hinder a child’s reading ability. With this award, FHI 360 and the consortium will partner with USAID to produce meaningful, sustainable and measurable improvements in student reading for children around the globe.