Strengthening Civil Society Globally (SCS Global) is a five-year Leader with Associates cooperative agreement that allows the U.S. Agency for International Development to work with FHI 360 and its consortium of implementing partners to quickly and flexibly design and implement projects that address development challenges across sectors. SCS Global projects can:
- Galvanize citizen participation
- Foster a positive shift in government responsiveness to citizen demands
- Improve freedom of information
- Integrate principles of participation, inclusion, transparency and accountability into all development sectors
Under SCS Global, FHI 360 pursues a cutting-edge, actionable research and learning agenda to create and test knowledge products and approaches to enhance development practices. Our agenda informs the design and implementation of associate awards, which also infuses thinking and contextual perspectives back into SCS Global.
Examples of FHI 360’s work under SCS Global associate awards include:
- Kenya: Our work provides a bridge between electoral periods mainly by supporting locally led initiatives and advocacy through technical assistance and grants. These activities are intended to enhance the country’s ability to hold a national dialogue on reforms and to safeguard democratic gains, including the protection of civic space, respect for human rights and observance of the rule of law.
- Myanmar: Our work promotes the participation of civil society and independent media in strengthening democratic governance, intercommunal harmony and religious freedom to advance the transition to peaceful and inclusive democracy.
- Honduras: Our work focuses on formal and informal civil society organizations, media institutions and organizations, and the Government of Honduras to enhance the capacity of civil society to influence government decision-making.
More information about SCS Global, associate awards and knowledge products may be found on our web portal, www.NGOConnect.net, and in the SCS Global Update newsletter.