- Clinical protocols are standardized
- Specialized equipment unnecessary
- Mid-level providers can use
- Diagnosis and treatment can be provided in
a single visit
- In many cases, referral is not needed
The syndromic approach has several strengths.
- Clinical protocols are standardized based on international
models and locally adapted algorithms.
- Specialized equipment is unnecessary.
- Mid-level providers, including nurses, can offer STD case
management for patients as part of everyday work at a health
- Diagnosis can be made and treatment provided in a single
- In many cases, referral to more specialized clinics is