- Eligibility Criteria
- Who Can Use
- Side Effects
- IUD Use
Section 2 - Client Screening and Counseling
By the time you complete this section, you will be able to:
- Identify the characteristics of women for whom the IUD may
be a suitable contraceptive choice.
- List six or more conditions that contraindicate the use
of an IUD.
- Describe the seven issues to cover when counseling clients
- Identify four or more myths related to IUD use and provide
factual information to dispel these myths.
- Name the common side effects of IUDs.
- Describe two steps each for proper IUD use and follow-up
- Explain at least six signs of possible IUD complications.