University Support and Workforce Development Program (USWDP) Newsletters
2018 — Each quarterly newsletter features highlights from the program in Afghanistan, which is funded by the U.S. Agency for International Development. Stories include major milestones, activity progress, important meetings, lessons learned and more.
- October-December 2018. This issue covers project accomplishments over the last year. Stories include the development of a research culture in Afghanistan and career centers boosting employability in Afghan universities.
- July-September 2018. Stories this quarter include members of three Afghan universities participating in a professional exchange with U.S. counterparts to improve business associate degree programs. Also included is information on new medical equipment at Kabul University of Medical Sciences.
- April-June 2018. This issue includes the Master of Educational Leadership and Management program at Shaheed Rabbani Education University becoming a sustainable degree program and USWDP improvements to Afghan health care education.
- January-March 2018. Efforts to secure data and increase customer service at the Ministry of Higher Education and Afghan professors adopting international teaching standards are topics in this issue.
- October-December 2017. This issue highlights support for the inaugural National Industrial and Technical Expo at Kabul Polytechnic University, three new degree programs at Herat University and a co-teaching partnership between Nangarhar University and the University of Kentucky.
- July-September 2017. This issue highlights the first University Chancellors’ Forum, held to showcase achievements from the past three years and discuss 2018 activities. The newsletter also reports on the launch of mobile soft skills training and upgraded library systems for university faculty and students.
- April-June 2017. This issue includes a major milestone — the graduation of the first group of associate degree students in the history of Afghanistan’s higher education system. It also presents progress on the Ministry of Higher Education’s Nondiscrimination and Anti-Sexual Harassment Policy Pilot.
- January-March 2017. This issue includes the role of biometric enrollment equipment in improving the transparency of exams, the challenges and opportunities of cross-border university partnerships, the alignment of graduate degree programs to workforce needs and USWDP’s commitment to supporting women in higher education.