COVID-19 Test to Treat Clinical Resources Package
November 2022 — The EpiC project developed this package of resources to support implementation of a Test to Treat strategy for COVID-19. The Test to Treat strategy includes early identification of COVID-19 cases followed quickly by initiation of treatment for patients that meet clinical criteria with oral antiviral medications, which are becoming more available around the world.
Early diagnosis and appropriate treatment and management of patients with COVID-19 can prevent the progression of disease, hospitalization and death. This set of tools is intended for health care providers and patients. It includes training for health care workers and clinicians to safely treat and manage all patients with COVID-19, with a specific focus on early identification and treatment of eligible patients with antivirals, as well as safe triage and management of all patients. The package also includes patient-focused information regarding oral antiviral medications for COVID-19.
- COVID-19 Test to Treat FAQs for providers: This document provides answers to frequently asked questions about the COVID-19 Test to Treat strategy for clinicians, prescribers and health care teams. (English, Ukrainian, Spanish, Russian, French, Arabic)
- COVID-19 Test to Treat clinical training slide deck: This slide deck covers topics such as triage, testing and clinical management of COVID-19, including treatment with oral antiviral therapy. (English, Ukrainian, Spanish, Russian, French, Arabic)
- COVID-19 Test to Treat clinical training facilitator guide: This facilitator guide accompanies the slide deck and includes a script for the facilitator. (English)
- Integrated Triage, Testing and Treatment for Ambulatory Settings in the Context of COVID-19: This novel decision support tool was designed to safely and effectively direct all patients who present to the clinical setting to appropriate care in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. This tool presents an algorithm that integrates screening, physical triage and cohorting, and infection prevention and control (IPC) with clinical triage principles to prioritize and manage patients based on acuity and risk factors. (English, Ukrainian, Spanish, Russian, French, Arabic)
- Molnupiravir patient brochure: This is a two-page information sheet designed for patients who are taking molnupiravir. It is intended to be printed double-sided and folded in half. (English, Ukrainian, Spanish, Russian, French, Arabic)
- Paxlovid patient brochure: This is a two-page information sheet designed for patients who are taking Paxlovid. It is intended to be printed double-sided and folded in half. (English, Ukrainian, Spanish, Russian, French, Arabic)
- Online course: Test-to-treat for COVID-19
- Test-to-Treat for COVID-19 Course: Test-to-Treat for COVID-19 is an online, self-paced learning module to build clinical skills for T2T, including identification of patients with suspected COVID-19, triage, IPC, rapid diagnostic testing and management/treatment options. The target audience is frontline healthcare workers who may encounter patients with symptoms consistent with possible COVID-19. The course is available to the public for free on the EpiC Learns LMS platform in English.
- Tester-pour-traiter COVID-19 Cours: Développer des compétences cliniques pour le Tester-pour-traiter, y compris l'identification des patients suspects de COVID-19, le triage, l'IPC, les tests de diagnostic rapide et les options de gestion/traitement. Ce programme a été développé par FHI 360 avec le soutien de l'USAID. Le cours est accessible au public gratuitement sur la plateforme EpiC Learns LMS en francés.
- Prueba-para-Tratar el COVID-19 Curso: Desarrolle habilidades clínicas para Prueba-para-Tratar, incluida la identificación de pacientes con sospecha de COVID-19, triaje, prevención y control de infecciones (PCI), pruebas de diagnóstico rápido y opciones de atención/tratamiento. Este currículo fue desarrollado por FHI 360 con el apoyo de USAID. El curso está disponible al público de forma gratuita en la plataforma EpiC Learns LMS en español.