FHI 360 observes World AIDS Day 2013
From science to action, FHI 360 is a leader in addressing the global AIDS epidemic through our broad range of work on HIV prevention, care and treatment. FHI 360’s approach is driven by innovative research, aggregated evidence and a long track record of engaging directly with communities around the world that have been hit hardest by the epidemic. Strong partnerships with health ministries, nongovernmental organizations and funders have enabled us to make a significant contribution toward the global push to get to zero.
Learn more about FHI 360’s groundbreaking work in the area of HIV and AIDS by exploring the links below.
FHI 360’s HIV/AIDS programs and projects are making a meaningful difference in people’s lives. Whether through prevention, treatment or care, our work touches diverse groups of people — from pregnant women, young people and children affected by HIV and AIDS to key populations at higher risk for HIV exposure, such as mobile populations, men who have sex with men, female sex workers and their clients and people who inject drugs. Below are just a few examples.
- Toward zero new infections: Empowering HIV positive women in Kenya (Kenya)
- Reducing stigma and discrimination in HIV prevention and care: An Indonesian clinic’s successful transformation (Indonesia)
- Food vendor serves up HIV prevention services (Tanzania)
- Saving lives with peer education (Mozambique)
- Defying the odds (Zambia)
- Modhumita: An integrated approach to service delivery (Bangladesh)
Our experts provide thought leadership to stop the spread and reduce the impact of HIV and AIDS. A few recent blogs highlight their perspectives.
- A world without AIDS? A promising approach is bringing Vietnam closer by Ward Cates and Caroline Francis
- Family planning and HIV: New evidence that integration works by Ward Cates and Rose Wilcher
- Patriotism, sacrifice and an HIV vaccine by A. Cornelius Baker
- ROADS II: Transforming corridors of risk into pathways of prevention and hope by Dorothy Muroki
History of leadership
FHI 360 has been working on the front lines in the fight against HIV and AIDS from the earliest years of the epidemic. Read more about our milestones and accomplishments globally and in the United States.
Watch a video that shows how FHI 360’s long-term partnership with the U.S. Agency for International Development has moved the world closer to an AIDS-free generation.
View the full scope of FHI 360’s HIV and AIDS research and programs by clicking here.