2nd World Breastfeeding Conference 2016
FHI 360’s flagship nutrition projects, Alive & Thrive and Food and Nutrition Technical Assistance III (FANTA), are both presenting at the 2nd World Breastfeeding Conference 2016, which runs December 11–14 in Johannesburg, South Africa. Their presentations will focus on implementing nutrition programs for infants and young children, nutrition advocacy, and the community-level nutrition assessment, counseling and support (NACS) training package. The conference, which is co-hosted by South Africa’s Department of Health and the International Baby Food Action Network, will provide an opportunity for nutrition policymakers from around the world to analyze the progress made in improving breastfeeding rates globally since 2012 and the challenges that remain.
Roger Mathisen, Program Director for Alive & Thrive, Southeast Asia, will present on:
- Advocacy for maternity protection and support for workplace lactation programs in Vietnam and Southeast Asia
- Infant young child nutrition program implementation in the context of the international code
Yewelsew Abebe, Project Director for Alive & Thrive, Ethiopia, will present on:
- Using behavior change to scale-up breastfeeding interventions in Ethiopia
Alice Nkoroi, Country Project Manager for FANTA In Malawi, will present on:
- Advocacy to reduce malnutrition: Using PROFILES and nutrition costing
- Overview of the nutrition assessment, counseling and support (NACS) training package for community-based service providers
Learn more about the conference.