Emily Koester, MATechnical Advisor, Literacy
Areas of expertise
- Primary education
- Education quality and relevance
- Teacher education and professional development
- Training design and development
- Training leadership
- Curriculum and materials development
- Community of practice development
- Writing and communications
Projects & Resources
In collaboration with Nigeria’s Ministry of Education and affiliated agencies in Nigeria’s northern states of Katsina and Zamfara, FHI 360 is implementing the Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) pilot project.
The goal of the Room to Learn South Sudan project is to improve access and educational quality in ten states in South Sudan.
The Reading and Numeracy Activity (RANA) project published Numeracy Read Aloud Stories in English and Hausa to improve math skills and listening comprehension.