For more than 50 years, FHI 360 has been a global leader in advancing voluntary, rights-based contraception and family planning (FP) services so everyone can make informed decisions about their sexual and reproductive health (SRH).
A commitment to evidence-based and locally led solutions underpins all we do. We build strong relationships with governments, private sector actors, and civil society organizations to change FP policies, drive innovative solutions that address barriers to FP services, and increase the availability of high-quality contraceptive methods, counseling and services. We generate the evidence for solutions by conducting different types of research, including clinical, implementation and behavioral research, and we work with local partners to apply that evidence to policies and programs.
Here are some projects FHI 360 implements to help put FP/SRH services within reach for all people:
- Innovate FP: Expanding Options, Enhancing Method Choice
- Contraceptive Technology Innovation (CTI) Initiative
- Research on Scale-up of the Hormonal IUD in New and Emerging Markets (SHINE)
- Research for Scalable Solutions (R4S)
- Knowledge SUCCESS
- Alcançar Achieving Quality Health Services for Women and Children
- MOMENTUM Private Healthcare Delivery
- Uganda Maternal and Child Health and Nutrition (USAID MCHN)
- Advancing Partners and Communities (APC)
FHI 360’s current priorities in FP include:
- Advance research and development of new contraceptive options.
- Facilitate market development and product introduction to increase contraceptive choice.
- Promote self-care approaches, including digital options.
- Reach young people with evidence-based FP/SRH information and services.
- Facilitate the provision of integrated health services that include FP and advocate for the inclusion of FP as part of health care.
- Promote the integration of FP within other development sectors, such as education, economic advancement and environmental protection.
- Support changes in gender norms to support free, full and informed FP choices.
- Facilitate increased equity of FP programs, including through improved measurement and monitoring.
To learn more about FHI 360’s FP work, subscribe to our newsletter, FP@FHI360.