Where gender equality meets social inclusion
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the in-person Gender 360 Summit 2020 will not take place on June 9, 2020. We will revisit the possibility of holding an in-person event in 2021.
Please check back often for updates on the rescheduled summit.
Participants will examine the challenges and opportunities of integrating gender and social inclusion into all aspects of human development. Specific topics include: building inclusive women’s economic empowerment, education, health and resilience; measuring progress toward advancing gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) within the changing landscape of international development and humanitarian assistance; exploring more effective and inclusive gender-based violence prevention and response mechanisms; and supporting synchronized approaches to engaging men, boys, women, girls, youth, older people, people with disabilities and people of all gender identities and sexual orientations.
Gender 360 Summit Values
- Equity, diversity and inclusion
- Innovative evidence and solution building
- Active participation
- Accessibility and reasonable accommodations
- Global South leadership and North-South bridge building
Gender 360 Summit Objectives
- Increase thought leadership on the intersections of gender and social inclusion in global development
- Model diverse, inclusive, accommodating, innovative and safe gathering spaces
- Create new diverse and inclusive partnership opportunities for participants
- Produce and distribute recommendations on how to advance GESI within international development and humanitarian assistance programs
For archives of previous Gender 360 Summits, view here.
Photo credit: Chris Jackson/Getty Images